Phi Alpha Theta/Westerners International Award
Entries must be received by July 15, 2017
Phi Alpha Theta and the Westerners International Association invite graduate student members of Phi Alpha Theta who have completed doctoral dissertations in Western History during the 2016 calendar to submit their dissertations to the award competition. Westerners International provides funding for the award of $1,000.
Candidates must meet the following qualifications:
- The dissertation must have been written in a field of Western U.S. History
- The dissertation must have been completed during the 2015 calendar year
- The dissertation advisor must submit a letter of endorsement
- The candidate must be a verified member of Phi Alpha Theta
Submit the following:
- Three (3) copies of your dissertation
- A cover letter with your name, complete contact information (including email and mailing addresses), and the college/university and year in which you joined Phi Alpha Theta
- The dissertation advisor’s endorsement letter (may be submitted electronically to the e-mail address below).
To the Committee Chair:
Dr. Mark D. Barringer
Department of History
Stephen F. Austin State University
P.O. Box 13013, SFA Station
Nacogdoches TX 75962
It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that all required documentation is received by the competition deadline. Incomplete applications or those submitted after the deadline will not be considered for the competition. Applicant must be a verified member of Phi Alpha Theta at the time of application.