Phi Alpha Theta/Westerners International Award
Entries must be received by July 15, 2018
Phi Alpha Theta and the Westerners International Association invite graduate student members of Phi Alpha Theta who have completed doctoral dissertations in Western History during the 2017 calendar to submit their dissertations to the award competition. Westerners International provides funding for the award of $1,000.
Candidates must meet the following qualifications:
- The dissertation must have been written in a field of Western U.S. History
- The dissertation must have been completed during the 2015 calendar year
- The dissertation advisor must submit a letter of endorsement
- The candidate must be a verified member of Phi Alpha Theta
Submit the following:
- Three (3) copies of your dissertation
- A cover letter with your name, complete contact information (including email and mailing addresses), and the college/university and year in which you joined Phi Alpha Theta
- The dissertation advisor’s endorsement letter (may be submitted electronically to the e-mail address below).
Submit applications to:
PAT/Westerners International Award Committee
Phi Alpha Theta History Honor Society
University of South Florida
4202 East Fowler Avenue, SOC107
Tampa, Florida 33620-8100
Phone: (800) 394-8195
Fax: (813) 974-8215
It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that all required documentation is received by the competition deadline. Incomplete applications or those submitted after the deadline will not be considered for the competition. Applicant must be a verified member of Phi Alpha Theta at the time of application.