Best Chapter Awards
Entries must be received by July 1, 2015
Each year Phi Alpha Theta presents Best Chapter Awards to those chapters that excel in promoting the mission of the honor society on the local level. Awards consist of $250 grants to purchase books for the chapters’ campus library.
The Faculty Advisor should submit:
1. SEVEN (7) COPIES OF THEIR DIGITAL scrapbook, one for committee member, in the form of an MS Power Point (or compatible format) on a DVD, CD or flash drive, which highlights chapter activities during the 2014-2015 academic year, including newspaper clippings, photos, fundraising events, field trips, hosting or attending regional meetings and other items of special interest. The disk or flash drive should be clearly labeled with the name of the school. No hard copy scrapbooks will be accepted. Hard copies of scrapbooks received will not be entered into the competition and will be returned to the sender. No scrapbooks emailed to the National Office will be accepted. Please be sure all photos are labeled with captions.
2. A letter from the chapter advisor stating:
- College/university name
- Chapter Greek name
- The names of all advisors who assisted with the chapter for the academic year
- Total student enrollment for placement in the proper division
3. Nels A. Cleven Award applicants should indicate both total student enrollment and the number of times the Nels A. Cleven Award has been received.
Chapters that have received the Best Chapter Award five or more times compete for the Nels A. Cleven Award of special distinction.
Click here for a list of suggested Best Chapter Activities.
Chapters compete in six (6) divisions based on student enrollment:
- Division I under 3,000 students
- Division II 3,001 to 6,000 students
- Division III 6,001 to 10,000 students
- Division IV 10,001 to 15,000 students
- Division V 15,001 to 23,000 students
- Division VI over 23,000 students
Mail the above to:Best Chapter Award Committee Phi Alpha Theta History Honor Society
University of South Florida
4202 East Fowler Avenue, SOC107
Tampa, Florida 33620-8100
Phone: (800) 394-8195 Fax: (813) 974-8215