Entries must be received by July 1, 2020
*Due to COVID-19, the 2020 Best Chapter Awards have been canceled. Chapters will not be penalized for this cancellation.*
Each year Phi Alpha Theta presents Best Chapter Awards to those chapters that excel in promoting the mission of the honor society on their campus and in their community. Awards consist of $250 grants to purchase books for the chapters’ campus library. Your electronic scrapbook should highlight chapter activities during the 2019-2020 academic year, including newspaper clippings, photos, fundraising events, field trips, hosting or attending regional meetings, attending the national biennial convention and other items of special interest.
Chapters compete in six (6) divisions based on student enrollment:
- Division I under 3,000 students
- Division II 3,001 to 6,000 students
- Division III 6,001 to 10,000 students
- Division IV 10,001 to 15,000 students
- Division V 15,001 to 23,000 students
- Division VI over 23,000 students
The Faculty Advisor should:
1. Submit the chapter’s digital scrapbook via Dropbox. NOTE NEW SIZE LIMIT: SCRAPBOOKS SHOULD CONTAIN NO MORE THAN 50 SLIDES.
If you do not already have a Dropbox account, create a free account by visiting: https://www.dropbox.com/
2. Include a cover letter. The cover letter should be the FIRST PAGE of your electronic scrapbook and should provide the following:
- College/University name
- Chapter Greek name
- The names of all advisors who assisted with the chapter for the academic year
- Listing of initiates submitted for the 2018-2019 academic year
- Total student enrollment for placement in proper division
3. Send the scrapbook link to National Headquarters. Once you have uploaded the above into your Dropbox account, email the Dropbox “link” to with the subject line, “2020 Best Chapter Award Submission – [SCHOOL NAME].”
NOTE: Chapters that have received a Best Chapter Award 5+ times are eligible for the Nels A. Cleven Award. Nels Cleven Award applicants should indicate both total student enrollment and the number of times the chapter has received this distinguished award.