Entries must be received by July 3, 2023
Phi Alpha Theta faculty advisors who have served as chapter advisors for five (5) or more years and are currently advising the chapter are eligible to apply for the Phi Alpha Theta Faculty Advisor Research Grant. A qualified faculty member may receive a $1,000 award in support of any special activity for the advancement of his or her career such as research, writing assistance or travel.
The Grant Committee will make its determination based on the following criteria:
- Years of service to Phi Alpha Theta
- Compliance with honor society procedures and guidelines, i.e. submitting initiates
- The merit of the proposal
- Four (4) copies of the Faculty Advisor Research Grant Application 2023 and all supporting materials
- Four (4) copies of a current curriculum vitae including a selected list of your publications
- The original and three (3) copies of a letter of support from your Department Chair or Dean
Send the complete application package so that it is received by July 3, 2023 to:
Faculty Advisor Research Grant
Phi Alpha Theta History Honor Society
University of South Florida
4202 East Fowler Avenue, SOC107
Tampa, Florida 33620-8100
It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that all required documentation is received by the competition deadline. Incomplete applications or those submitted after the deadline or by individuals whose membership in Phi Alpha Theta cannot be verified will not be considered for the competition.